Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Maybelline Fit me Dewy+Smooth foundation: Best drugstore foundation out there?

Maybelline Fit me Dewy+Smooth foundation review

As the first post on my blog, I decided to review a highly raved drugstore foundation, The Maybelline Fit Me Dewy+Smooth foundationThis foundation can be easily found in your local drugstore and after reading so many reviews and watching so many youtubers rave about this foundation I decided to give in to the hype. 



Consistency & Coverage

I would rate the overall formula of this foundation 6/10 for the reason that it can be very cakey when your skin is very dry, therefore, prepping your skin is very important when using this foundation. I also find that it sinks into your lines and doesn't set/stay on your skin. I would think that a foundation that says it is for 'normal to dry' skin would be hydrating. It might just be me but please tell me your personal experience with this foundation in the comments below! Besides that, its very light-weight and sheer (coverage can be built light-medium), making it a very nice foundation to use for those who do not like the feel of foundation on their skin or for summer.


Longevity

This foundation lasts 4-5 hours, in which the coverage and finish is still strong, with primer. After the 4-5 hour line the foundation begins to fade away and crease visibly. This foundation also tends to make you look oily after a while so pack blotting paper or powder!

https://www.maybelline.com/face-makeup/foundation/fit-me-dewy-smooth-foundation

Overall Conclusion:

Positives:

  • good shade range for lighter skin-toned people
  • light-weight formula
  • dirt cheap!
  • natural and luminous finish

Negatives:


  • limited shade range for darker skin-toned range
  • can make you look cakey
  • appears oily
  • creases
  • no pump
I would rate this foundation an overall of 7/10 and for the price that it is sold at, I think it is a decent foundation that I will repurchase. Don't hesitate to share your thoughts :) and thank you for reading my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment your personal thoughts, constructive criticism, ideas, requests and questions :) Please be nice in the comments and refrain from cursing.